The Checkout tab of the Checkout and Self-Service Account Management configuration allows you to decide on what features you want to be offered to customers when they're checking out a subscription. Likewise, you have creative control over the content displayed in some of our screens. There is also the option to set up an exit intent discount, which will be offered to any customer that tries to leave without checking out a subscription.
You can customize the functionality of the checkout flow by deciding what features you want available to your customers.
Features you can include and exclude during checkout:
- Progress indicator - this sits at the bottom of the screen and gives your customer an indication of how far through the checkout journey they are. Displayed in its collapsed state, this will only open if their cursor scrolls over it, showing the step the customer is currently on
- Shopping cart - after a customer has chosen their product, plan and cycle we put their choices into a summary cart so that they can see and tweak their subscription before checking it out. This is really useful for complex plans, or subscriptions that offer a lot of add-ons and allowances as these will also be displayed in the summary cart
- Card logos - supported cards are not automatically shown to your customer by your chosen payment gateway. You'll need to tell us which cards are supported by your gateway and which logos to show to your customers
- How was this calculated? - due to the chosen pro-ration rules, a customer's first payment might not be consistent with the rest of their regular subscription payments. With this feature, we'll provide an explanation of the customer's first payment and let them know what their regular subscription payment will be
- Apply coupons - if you're planning on offering discounts to your customers, you'll need this feature on so that they can apply a coupon to their subscription
- Wix compatibility mode - this feature hides our 'Close' button and disables the customer's ability to continue to another page after their subscription is confirmed
The exit intent discount aims to persuade customers to finish checking out a subscription by offering them a discount when they attempt to exit off the subscription they were browsing without completing the sign-up process.
Exit intent discounts are short term discounts made to the entirety of the customer's regular subscription, including their plan as well as their add-ons. You can determine the percentage you'd like the subscription to be discounted by and how long you want it to last for. Since it is designed to be a short term discount, you will not be able to offer your customer a lifetime discount.
However, you will be able to provide an image to support your discount. We recommend files with a minimum of 400 x 400 in size and high resolution .png or 'jpeg files, as they work best. If you don't have an image you'd like to provide for your discount, we'll use our default image shown in the preview.5
In most circumstances, we reccomend that you do provide access to these and ask for their acceptance during the checkout flow. This means that, to a certain extent, you're covered if a customer makes an unreasonable request, complaint, or disputes a charge with their bank.
You can choose what you'd like to say to your customers in the checkout confirmation screen. This could be a simple 'thanks' for choosing to take out a subscription with you, or you could give them specific information regarding the process of setting up their account, for example.
You'll also be able to provide a default URL to which the customer will be directed to once the checkout flow is complete. This URL can be overridden when you're setting up your individual plans. In which case, you'll be able to add a specific redirect URL for each plan that may be more relevant. If one is not provided there, we'll continue to use this default URL.
If you use your own tracking software, you can add your code here to integrate it with Billsby. You have the option to track at either the start or the end of the checkout journey.
Updated 26 days ago